GOLDEN POPPY HERBAL APOTHECARY IS HIRING!
We are looking to add an herbalist to our staff who is excited about working with people in a retail setting. Our retail store, located in Old Town Fort Collins, CO is open Mon-Sat 10-6, and Sun 11-5. We are looking for someone who can work in the busy and fast-paced world of retail herbalism while also balancing the ability to work with people on their health and help them navigate our products and offerings. You must be a self-starter, someone who can look for things to do when none are given to you, someone who always wants to help and improve the place you work in, and who is open to learning our unique way of doing things. We are a strong team that is dedicated to supporting ourselves as well as the operations of the store while working to support our customers and community at large. WEEKEND AVAILABILITY IS A MUST. We are looking specifically for someone who can work on Saturdays, Sundays, and Tuesdays, and be available to pick up other shifts as needed. We are looking to add a person to our team to begin their training this summer with regular independent shifts likely starting in August. Job responsibilities:
- Work with customers in a retail setting helping them navigate all of the herbal and natural body care products we make and sell
- Operate our POS system to ring people up
- Assist in the maintenance of the store by helping with cleaning, stocking, and some product making.
- Previous herbal training is required
- Open, honest, and direct communicator
- A good team member, we support each other
- A passion for working with people to support their natural health goals
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and resourceful
- Can multi-task with ease under pressure
- Excited to be a part of the Golden Poppy Team
If you are interested, please send us a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Here's flowers for you; hot lavender, mints, savory, marjoram; The marigold.” in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you.
Golden Poppy is an equal-opportunity employer. Note:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.